Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another great appt.!




Well yesterday was our first appt. with the OB. I was officially 10wks.2days yesterday. We had an u/s scheduled first at 11 and it was very exciting to see how much the babies have grown! They are doing beautifully. Baby A was measuring in at 10wk.5d and Baby B measured in at 10wk4d so he is catching up to A! He was measuring about 4 days smaller than A, but now he seems to be right along with A! It was absolutely amazing to see them moving around and see the little flicker which was their heartbeats. I forget which was which but one was around 180bpm and the other was about 171bpm. Both very strong heartbeats. The u/s tech took a good amt. of time measuring and showing us different things. Baby B is an overachiever and already head down so they are basically laying feet to head and head to feet if you can picture that. The u/s tech switched the settings so it was almost like a thermal image and we could actually see the blood flow through the umbilical cord. That was really neat to see. It was all just so surreal. We really got to see a lot of things. Baby B decided to be very active and was moving all over the place. The have little arm buds now and we could see their spines. They have redone my OB office so the u/s room was a little different than it has been with my own pregnancies. They now have a screen in on the wall so that I can see the u/s too without having to turn my head and look at the moniter on the actual machine. It was much nicer. I was just mesmorized watching everything. It truly is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! It truly is surreal to see something growing in your belly, regardless of whose it is :) I'm putting $$ on 2 girls at this stage with those heart rates (but I reserve the right to change my mind prior to 20 weeks!!). Congratulations to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete