Saturday, October 17, 2009

IP -- Dad Here

Hello, just me, the IP-Dad checking in. Can't figure out how to blog on this site, so using the IP-Mom username (Ellen -- oh, and I am Kevin). Yes, after reading the last posting, it was a bit of a crazy time. I had just finished playing an indoor soccer game (we won) and I called Ellen and she told me the concerning news. Needless to say, it was a tough night. We have been through so many troubles, this just seemed par for the course for us. But, all turned out well (so far -- notice how I am still being cautious?).

And, since it seems to be fine, maybe I can make some comments on the doctor we saw. Yes, he was just monitoring, but he had the bedside manner of, well, a bedside table. Really. This guy basically gave "yes" or "no" answers, and when we started to stress over the different sizes of the fetuses (sp), he slowly caught on and finally said "looks normal, but it is early". Great, thanks for the insight -- no statistics, no thoughts or anything.

Well, Ellen talked to our nurse and she gave some good insight and statistics about our current issues (very normal issues). Then, we talked to our RE doctor, and he shed even more light on the condition and we felt much better. I can't say enough about how lucky we are to have him as our RE. Insightful, knowledgeable, people related, and full of statistics/information (yes, yes, I know, the three types of lies are: lies, damn lies, and statistics). Still, he is the head of the practice and knows his stuff.

We are still very cautious, our path has been very difficult. I think the next ultrasound will ease our thoughts, but I really don't see us being totally at ease until we see the little ones in person.

It certainly is different to have more than just Ellen and myself having a vested interested in us having a child (children). Little did I know the stress that would fall on Brooke for all of this. It is very re-assuring to have someone as dedicated as Brooke helping us through this process.

Well, just my few cents in this whole thing. I can't thank Brooke and her family enough for what they are helping us achieve.

- Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment